A bit of a different post today, I wanted to share how I DIYed my ripped jeans! A good pair of ripped jeans is essential to any girls wardrobe and if you're fussy like me, then finding the right rips for you can be quite a frustrating effort. So why not do it yourself!
What you need:
A pair of jeans
1. Pick your jeans - I've gone for Sportsgirl Jett jeans because they are super comfy, but any jeans will do, old or new.
2. Put them on and mark with a permanent marker where you want the rips. I have gone for the knees.
3. With scissors, make an incision where you have marked the fabric.
4. With your hands, rip the incision to make a bigger hole. Can do it with scissors too, but I wanted a rougher look. Make the whole as big or as little as you want. I ripped mine completely to the seams.
5. Create another incision parallel to the first one. This is to create that horizontal thready look, so make the incision depending on where and how big you want it.
6. With tweezers start pulling the vertical threads between the two cuts. Continue all along the gap and it should look like the picture below when you're finished.
7. Repeat with the second leg or maybe just do it on one, it's all up to you :) xx